What is a natural treatment for migraine headaches? Chiropractic adjustments can be an effective natural treatment for migraine headaches to help ease pain and pressure. When severe headaches are caused by spinal misalignments, that irritate nerves that travel to the head and face. Chiropractic care can provide the pain relief you need to focus and get on with your day.
Don't let migraine headaches ruin your day
Call our office to learn more about our treatments for migraines
Call (937) 492-4681
When you visit our chiropractic clinic, we will create a customized plan to help treat your migraine headache symptoms and get the relief you deserve.
In terms of pain, migraine symptoms can range from a dull ache at the base of your skull or behind your eyes to an intense throbbing pain that seems to envelop your entire head.
At times, the pain induced by a migraine can be completely debilitating, and the frequency of symptoms can range from every few days to a few times per year, depending on the individual.
Some of the other common symptoms of migraines include:
- Strong sensitivity to light, noise, or specific smells
- Loss of appetite
- Fatigue or drowsiness
- Dizziness or general loss of equilibrium
- Nausea and vomiting
- Feeling overheated or cold
Relief From Migraine Headaches
For most people, a migraine lasts only a few hours, but it can last for days in extreme cases. Natural pain relief, like chiropractic care, can help relieve some types of migraine pain by targeting the pain's underlying cause and not just the pain itself.
When you use pharmaceuticals to cover up the pain, the true cause isn’t being addressed, and the problem will never completely disappear. Drugs are always just a temporary fix, but if you want lasting relief, it’s important to get to the root cause and fix whatever is causing that pain symptom.
What Causes Migraine Headaches?
Migraine headaches can have several different causes, and it can be challenging to pinpoint which one or group of causes is responsible for yours.
Here are some of the most common causes of migraines:
- High-stress levels – these could be from work, relationships or something else
- Certain types of food or drink – cheese, meats, spicy foods, nuts, and others depending on the individual
- Food additives – nitrates, MSG, and other additives have been known to cause migraines
- Caffeine – drinking too much coffee
- Changes in the weather or barometric pressure
- Changes in your sleep patterns
- Exposure to bright or flashing lights
- Skipping meals or not eating enough
- Being at a specific stage of your menstrual cycle
If you or a loved one suffer from migraines or any type of headache, call us today at (937) 492-4681 to schedule an appointment. We will help you find the pain relief you deserve to regain your quality of life.
Dr. Schubert and his staff at Sidney Chiropractic have been providing effective, long-lasting relief from headaches to residents in Dayton, Lima, Sidney, Anna, Botkins, Jackson Center, Wapakoneta, Fort Loramie, Minster, New Bremen, Houston, Russia, Versailles, Greenville, Piqua, Troy, Covington, St Paris, Pasco, Depew, Plattsville, Newbern and throughout Shelby County Ohio.