What is neuropathy? Neuropathy, or peripheral neuropathy as it is often called, refers to a condition that affects the nerves connecting your brain and spinal cord to the rest of your body. A common result is numbness and tingling in the hands and feet that can disrupt your life on a daily basis.
Find true, effective pain relief for neuropathy
Contact our office for a free consultation
Call (937) 492-4681
Our regenerative treatments can help your body heal itself and resolve your neuropathy symptoms without drugs or surgery. Get in touch with us today to book a free consultation and get the process started.
What Causes Neuropathy?
Neuropathy can be caused by several different conditions, but diabetes is one of the most prevalent. Many people with diabetes experience circulation issues to the hands and feet, which, in turn, leads to the pain and discomfort of peripheral neuropathy.
Some of the other causes include:
- Kidney disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Liver disease
- A bacterial or viral infection
The key to long-term pain relief from peripheral neuropathy is to treat the pain at its source rather than simply covering up the symptoms with medication. Using medication to numb the pain may offer some short-term benefits, but you’ll never find a genuine resolution to the problem. When you get into a cycle of taking medication it can last indefinitely with serious side effects and consequences. The regenerative tissue injections and platelet-rich plasma treatments we use for neuropathy pain address the underlying cause of the issue and can help provide long-term relief.
What Can Regenerative Medicine Treatments Do for Neuropathic Pain?
When you use regenerative treatments for neuropathy pain, you are helping your body’s own healing mechanisms repair damage under the surface. Once the damage has been resolved, its by-product of pain will no longer exist.
Injections containing regenerative tissue begin with a donated umbilical cord after a scheduled C-section birth.
Here’s how it works:
- We collect tissue from a substance in the umbilical cord called Wharton’s Jelly
- The tissue is youthful and potent with a wide range of powerful healing properties like cytokines, exosomes, proteins, growth factors, hyaluronic acid, amino acids and peptides
- The regenerative tissue is injected directly into your damaged tissue to help facilitate the healing process
- The mothers willingly donate the umbilical cords and both the mother and baby are unharmed during the process
The PRP therapy we use for peripheral neuropathy treatment also helps your body’s own healing mechanisms to resolve underlying issues for long-term pain relief.
Here is what happens with platelet-rich plasma treatment for neuropathy:
- A small sample of your own blood is drawn
- The blood is placed in a centrifuge and spun at high speed
- The platelets and red blood cells separate as the blood sample spins
- The resulting platelets are highly concentrated with healing compounds
- The platelets are injected into your damaged or degraded tissue to help with healing
Both of these treatments are quick, minimally invasive, and require little to no downtime. They are also non-surgical and drug-free, with very little chance of rejection so you can have peace of mind knowing that you are taking care of your neuropathy on your own terms.
Are you looking for reliable, non-surgical treatment to help heal your condition? Give us a call today at (937) 492-4681 and we will schedule a free consultation with Dr. Schubert.
Sidney Chiropractic has been providing effective, long lasting relief from neuropathy to residents in Dayton, Lima, Sidney, Anna, Botkins, Jackson Center, Wapakoneta, Fort Loramie, Minster, New Bremen, Houston, Russia, Versailles, Greenville, Piqua, Troy, Covington, St Paris, Pasco, Depew, Plattsville, Newbern and throughout Shelby County Ohio.